First Infantry Division
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't Ask - Don't Tell

4 posters

Go down

Don't Ask - Don't Tell Empty Don't Ask - Don't Tell

Post by Pconlon Fri May 28, 2010 9:40 am

***** As almost meaningless as it was in actuality - this early Clinton Admin. compromise was at least something . It allowed some decent people who might be Homosexual to serve without a total fear of expulsion as lomg as their interests weren't flaunted about. It also allowed some reasonable standard to exist.

***** Yesterday the Senate and possibly the House late last night are on a quick fast track to force the Military(as depleted as it is) to deal with this turkey - to force a social change that will be counterproductive on at least 95% of those in uniform.

****** This matter is totally important to some - the Majority of whom have NEVER served - would NEVER serve and have an ingrained contempt of those who do serve. We are on a Fast Racecourse to oblivion as a society. Neutral

Pconlon

Back to top Go down

Don't Ask - Don't Tell Empty Re: Don't Ask - Don't Tell

Post by Detonate95 Fri May 28, 2010 4:55 pm

I remember posting on the old forum once, that I think the constitution should be amended to require military service as as a qualification for office for congress and the president.
Detonate95
Detonate95

Back to top Go down

Post by Pconlon Fri May 28, 2010 5:12 pm

***** It could just help Barbara Boxer (D-Calif) and Patty Murray(D-Wash) hold off strong challenges in this probably good GOP year

Pconlon

Back to top Go down

Post by John Parmenter Mon May 31, 2010 8:40 pm

Has anyone explained what good it will do to get rid of DADT? scratch I might be the world's most ignorant old coot but DADT seems to work well by allowing homosexuals to perform military service along with other Citizens. It seems that I'm missing something. What a Face
John Parmenter
John Parmenter

Back to top Go down

Post by Pconlon Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:12 pm

****** You forgot that some don't care about the Nation's future. They have a distorted view of what THEY believe is Fair and also some want a polarized Electorate on "hot button" issues to give an edge to a few incumbents that just might be getting the boot .

Pconlon

Back to top Go down

Post by John Parmenter Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:57 pm

Unfortunately, you're probably 100% correct. Our poor old Republic is being flushed by the peculiar values of a few extremists.

As far as I can tell, getting rid of DADT, simply creates another "protected class" -- homosexuals. You can envision, "Sarge is picking on me 'cause I'm a homo!" Military leaders won't be allowed to do their jobs for concern of being labeled bigots & discipline will be totally destroyed. Suspect
John Parmenter
John Parmenter

Back to top Go down

Post by Pconlon Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:10 pm

****** Forty Years ago on a Rifle Range or some Class outdoors in Basic or AIT - a lot of instructers would start off with a rather risque joke sometimes Homo related. We all laughed and related better to the NCO. I KNOW it's not happening today - now just maybe that's an improvement but only if we overlook Why We even have a Military.

Pconlon

Back to top Go down

Post by Detonate95 Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:16 pm

The move to abolish DADT is purely a political one to appease the extremists activists. It has no bearing on trying to insure the cohesiveness of our men and women in uniform. How it will affect that cohesiveness and morale has no regard from those people and will not be considered in the decision.
Detonate95
Detonate95

Back to top Go down

Post by moy3rd Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:11 am

Everything the Obama Administration does,or proposes to do,
is to appease one particular group or another.
I personally feel DADT should stay.

Charlie Moy.
moy3rd
moy3rd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pconlon Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:44 am

***** Expect all things remotely concerning Gay Rights like the demise of DADT to be Front & Center in both big races in California as the year moves on. Both Jerry Brown and Barbara Boxer will use the social issues agenda to shift focus from the rotten economy to galvanize Progressive support & to hopefully cause their GOP opponent's to get chipped away from both ends.

Pconlon

Back to top Go down

Post by moy3rd Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:01 pm

Obama & crew have lied or broken promises to every group you can name. Lets hope voters remember this. IMO we need a wholesale change of incumbents who got us into this mess. BTW...I hear California just passed a law to have open primaries.
That means no more two party system.The two highest vote getters will run against each other regardless of party affiliation.
Could be two dems or two repubs in the general election.
But thats a new topic for another thread.

Charlie Moy
moy3rd
moy3rd

Back to top Go down

Post by Detonate95 Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:57 pm

Then why even have a primary? Just skip it and go straight to the general election, with rules for a runoff if no candidate gets a majority.
Detonate95
Detonate95

Back to top Go down

Post by Pconlon Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:46 pm

****** Open Primary is not a Good idea. It allows mischief making and was ruled out by the Courts once before in California (1999) (??)

Pconlon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum