First Infantry Division
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not one post on the Elections!! How mad are we

+2
saint
obenow
6 posters

Go down

Not one post on the Elections!! How mad are we Empty Not one post on the Elections!! How mad are we

Post by obenow Tue May 04, 2010 4:04 pm

I voted at 6:15 Am and was the 3 rd on to do so. I voted for one incumbant and voted no to the every other one of them.

I can only hope they all lose and we have two good choce (or more) in November.
obenow
obenow

Back to top Go down

Not one post on the Elections!! How mad are we Empty Re: Not one post on the Elections!! How mad are we

Post by saint Tue May 04, 2010 4:53 pm

We vote in Nov, Charlie Crist is out he went Independant--Rubio is rep he is going to get my vote..
saint
saint

Back to top Go down

Not one post on the Elections!! How mad are we Empty Re: Not one post on the Elections!! How mad are we

Post by Detonate95 Wed May 05, 2010 5:37 am

Jeb Bush came out in support of Rubio. That should help. I predict a Republican sweep here in Colorado.
Detonate95
Detonate95

Back to top Go down

Post by obenow Wed May 05, 2010 6:59 am

My congressman a R won the primary, Souder, he is strong on the Vet and the VA we have here. His D opponent is a Dr. who runs ads the he was a "Viet Nam Era service man, which means he was stationed and served but not NAM! I already sent Souder a note to press that fact.

Our x Senator Coats won for the R and the D's are appointing some one because Bayh resigned at the proper time so they could appoint and control but the gal who is getting it is a puppet. I am not a fan of Coats and he had 12 years and retired now he is back. Got some sole searching.
obenow
obenow

Back to top Go down

Post by Pconlon Wed May 05, 2010 10:06 am

****** Two dynamics do not bode well for the GOP. First Immigration (both legal & illegal) are swamping the Country. MOST of the newcomers when they get to Vote(and some are not citizens) tend to Vote Democratic across the board. Combine that with the solid perpetual 90% + Black Vote for Democrats year after year and you get a Tidal wave that's hard to overcome.

***** More importantly most Republicans in office shy away from the hard reality concerning this. They are afraid to be labeled Racist . They are afraid that the growing Hispanic Vote will go even more against them yet the situation worsens year after year.

****** In Arizona McCain in a tough Primary fight has supported the new law but after he gets the nomination his support will ebb away. Count on it. In Florida Rubio is afraid to take a full stand on this also.

****** I estimate as high as 80% of the Nation would support the new Arizona crackdown law - but the GOP establishment is afraid to take a stand. They treat guys like Tancredo like a pariah. They will Reap the Whirlwind.

Pconlon

Back to top Go down

Post by Detonate95 Wed May 05, 2010 10:11 am

You would think that after the failed attempt in congress a couple of years ago they would now realize that a large majority of Americans support stopping illegal immigration and oppose any kind of amnesty program.
Detonate95
Detonate95

Back to top Go down

Post by Pconlon Wed May 05, 2010 11:37 am

***** Most are out of touch. They tell the base what it want's to hear but hamper any genuine correction of this situation. We need to go Cold Turkey on All Immigration for a Solid 5 years or more. It will hurt some Honest decent people but there is little time left because we will eventually lose several States to this influx.

Pconlon

Back to top Go down

Post by obenow Wed May 05, 2010 12:34 pm

POLITICALLY CORRECT that is all we concern our selves with any more
obenow
obenow

Back to top Go down

Post by obenow Thu May 06, 2010 6:57 am

Interesting point made in our paper today, based on campaign dollars spent. Republican
most votes $11.21 per vote won
next votes $24.66 per vote 2nd
last votes $8.14 per vote 4thnext to last place $2.61 per vote 3rd
Don't think money doesn't control the results.
Also they are already talking that Souder is one of 5 most vunerable and that Barry will be here atlease 3 times before November (one because Elkhart is his pet project) and they need the seats.
obenow
obenow

Back to top Go down

Post by doclou Thu May 06, 2010 11:58 am

Many incumbents in NY are retiring because they know they will not be re-elected. A couple are or have been indited on fraud charges. Our State is nealy two months overdue on passing a state budget for the year. The governor is threatening layoffs of state workers, paying only for a 4-day week, closing state parks, you name it.
Why doesn't he take pay away from the lawmakers for sitting on the job. They are only working 3-days a week and taking vac. when they should be working on the budget 24-7. Twisted Evil
doclou
doclou

Back to top Go down

Post by Long Thrust IV Fri May 07, 2010 12:13 pm

According to the latest information, Nevada is the most distressed state in the U.S.; budget deficits, highest number of foreclosures, 13.4% unemployment, etc...The only way we have to go is up. We are predicted to lag behind the rest of the country during the recovery? “Smile it could always be worse. So I did and sure enought it got worse!".. Wink ..The elections are in November...
Long Thrust IV
Long Thrust IV

Back to top Go down

Post by doclou Fri May 07, 2010 1:26 pm

One of our Legislators, Joe Bruno, retired and was sentenced today 2-yrs for fraud.
President Obama comes here next Thursday. This ought to be interesting.
doclou
doclou

Back to top Go down

Post by obenow Fri May 07, 2010 3:15 pm

We can hope he resigns there and gets 2 years fro fraud, he has impersonated a citizen for years.
obenow
obenow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum