First Infantry Division
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fred Phelps vs Father of slain Marine.

+3
Jake11boots
Chris_Bowman
moy3rd
7 posters

Go down

Fred Phelps vs Father of slain Marine. Empty Fred Phelps vs Father of slain Marine.

Post by moy3rd Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:46 pm

This is really upsetting.
Lawyers for the father of a Marine who died in Iraq and whose funeral was picketed by anti-gay protesters say a court has ordered him to pay the protesters' appeal costs.

Lawyers for Albert Snyder of York, Pa., also say he is struggling to come up with fees associated with filing a brief with the U.S. Supreme Court.

The high court agreed earlier this month to consider whether the protesters' message is protected by the First Amendment or limited by the competing privacy and religious rights of the mourners.

On Friday, Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit ordered that Snyder pay costs associated with the Fred Phelps' appeal. Phelps is the leader of the Westboro Baptist Church, which conducted protests at Marine Lance Cpl. Matthew Snyder's funeral in 2006 in Westminster.
http://tinyurl.com/ygkblke

Charlie
moy3rd
moy3rd

Back to top Go down

Fred Phelps vs Father of slain Marine. Empty Re: Fred Phelps vs Father of slain Marine.

Post by Chris_Bowman Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:17 pm

Fred Phelps and his group are SCUM, in my opinion. Evil or Very Mad I think those appellate judges, from the Fourth Circuit, need to lose their next election Evil or Very Mad and the people of this country need to get their heads on straight to make some meaningful changes, in the right directions. We need to have the biggest turnout ever at the polls to help ourselves the best we can. Too many elected officials are doing unto us, not for us. If it's not already too late, we had better elect some folks that will at least try to do a righteous job for those who make up the general population; instead of those who grease their palms. Politics just plain sucks! Sad Embarassed
Chris_Bowman
Chris_Bowman

Back to top Go down

Fred Phelps vs Father of slain Marine. Empty Re: Fred Phelps vs Father of slain Marine.

Post by Jake11boots Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:44 am

I agree with Chris, totally. Every judge needs to be thrown out along with ALL Congress people..............They're stinkin up the country. I'll be glad when the fat lady sings! queen
Jake11boots
Jake11boots

Back to top Go down

Post by obenow Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:49 am

We all talk about it now it is time to act. Take care of the incumbant now in the primary so we have them gone before the main election.

How many times have we lost to the "politically correct"
obenow
obenow

Back to top Go down

Post by Long Thrust IV Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:38 pm

This group picketed outside our Northern Nevada Veterans Cemetery in Fernley. There was a BIG counter demonstration of support for the vets. They had extra police there and that group has not been back. I agree they are SCUM. The news that the father has a judgement to pay the legal fees for that group of slimy S.O.B's is ridiculous..... Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

Fred S.
D 2/12, HHC 2/18 61-64
Life member of the Society of the 1st. Infantry Division
Long Thrust IV
Long Thrust IV

Back to top Go down

Post by moy3rd Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:50 pm

*******UPDATE******************
Bill O'reilly said on The Factor last night that he will pay the $16,500 that the Father owes for Phelps legal expenses.

I believe someone also set up a web site if anyone wants to contribute,because the Father needs money for a brief & legal expenses when it goes before the Supreme Court.

Charlie
moy3rd
moy3rd

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Bowman Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:35 pm

That's a nice jesture, BUT I don't think the father should be liable for those expenses to begin with. Where is any justice in that, after the way that group behaved? No
Chris_Bowman
Chris_Bowman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake11boots Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:47 am

Rule # 7.62 should be envoked.
Jake11boots
Jake11boots

Back to top Go down

Post by Long Thrust IV Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:42 am

Rule # 7.62 should be envoked

I like it. Would that by chance be under the subsection #M-60? Question Wink

Fred S.
D 2/12, HHC 2/18 61-64
Life Member of the Society of the 1st. Infantry Division
Long Thrust IV
Long Thrust IV

Back to top Go down

Post by Detonate95 Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:13 pm

I would prefer rule #155 under section #M-109. That would be a better rule to pursue all of them in a class action proceeding. Very Happy
Detonate95
Detonate95

Back to top Go down

Post by mogunone Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:57 pm

I second the motion, Det, and DEEM IT SIGNED. Fire for effect.
mogunone
mogunone

http://raymoreoutdoorsports.mysite.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down