First Infantry Division
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saddle Up!

5 posters

Go down

Saddle Up! Empty Saddle Up!

Post by the SS Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:17 pm

Saddle Up!! Head out in the morning and strike back at those who attack the freedoms established by our fore fathers. We fought communism over there and now my fellow vets we will fight the statists here starting tomorrow. It will not be easy, for many have drank the cool-aid and sold their inheritance for temporary comfort. They will learn if they have not already. This is not a Republican or Democrat thing. This is a fight to remove the tenacles of government control and but them back into their place. It will not be easy because they will do what ever is necessary and do it with no concern for the consequences. Saddle up !! and take it to them! Cool

the SS

Back to top Go down

Saddle Up! Empty Re: Saddle Up!

Post by Pconlon Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:28 am

****** Unfortunately Voting has been made too Easy for Too Many. Never before has Absentee Voting reached this magnitude, such as the State of Washington allowing Postmarked ballots on Election Day. This and Early Voting, Non Citizen Voting and Double Voting in more than one State is polluting the system.

Years ago it was just the Military, the genuinly handicaped & those with clear valid reasons to be away from home who voted Absentee.

We are inviting fraud.

Odds are the last Minnesota Senate race was stolen as the last race for Washington Governor.

Pconlon

Back to top Go down

Post by Detonate95 Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:43 am

I like early voting. With my ballot on my desk, I was able to research every candidate and every ballot issue throughly before marking my ballot. Then just sign it and mail it. Also eliminates the possibility of some unforeseen difficulty preventing me from voting on election day. This once happened to me in the past when I fell ill the night before election day and did not get to vote.
Detonate95
Detonate95

Back to top Go down

Post by the SS Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:34 am

This morning when the polls opened, this minute man fired his shot straight and true, right into the heart of the beast. The first shots of the next revolution! Cool

Registering to vote is very simple in Illinois. All you need is a piece of mail with your name and address on it - no government issued id or proof of citizenship required. When you vote all that is required is to sign your name (real or otherwise) on to a form and they check to see if you are listed as registered in the computer. Then cast your vote- take your Democrat issued precompleted sample ballot with you and color in the marks. I let the judges know how wrong I thought the process was which quickly showed who the Democrat reps were when they showed their indignation at my comment. This is NOT a democracy, everyone SHOULD NOT vote!!! You MUST be an AMERICAN CITIZEN with a VERIFIED government issued ID! You must take your lazy rear end to a proper registration office with proper id and register. You must get your rear end out of bed and go to the polling place, show proper id and registration and place your vote. I would allow absentee ballots but you must acquire the ballot from the county clerk's office in the same manner as voting at the polling place and you are responsible to return the ballot by a predetermined deadline which would allow for verification. Absentee voting by active duty military is a absolute MUST. It is a MANDATORY REQUIREMENT that the FEDERAL government get the ballots from the states and deliver them to the military members and deliver them back to the states by the voting date. Bottom line, I would tighten up the process instead of making it easier! I don't care if less people vote, I care that informed, involved American people vote. Cool

the SS

Back to top Go down

Post by Detonate95 Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:41 am

SS, I find nothing in your post with which I would disagree. I also think you should have to take a test before being registered to vote.
Detonate95
Detonate95

Back to top Go down

Post by Pconlon Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:53 am

****** I suspect the Washington Senate race will be undecided for days because of a flood of late arriving absentee ballots - and this is wrong. Plain stupid and gives one side the edge.

Pconlon

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Bowman Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:35 am

the SS wrote:This morning when the polls opened, this minute man fired his shot straight and true, right into the heart of the beast. Saddle Up! Thumbsupbiganimh2 Nice shot, Len. I like your target recognition skills. Smile

This is NOT a democracy, everyone SHOULD NOT vote!!! You MUST be an AMERICAN CITIZEN with a VERIFIED government issued ID! You must take your lazy rear end to a proper registration office with proper id and register. You must get your rear end out of bed and go to the polling place, show proper id and registration and place your vote.

Bottom line, I would tighten up the process instead of making it easier! I don't care if less people vote, I care that informed, involved American people vote. Cool

Saddle Up! Thumbsupbiganimh2 I like the way you talk. Please don't run for office, I'd hate to see a proper set of ideals and ideas go down the toilet.

I took advantage of early voting, last week.
Saddle Up! Catchmydrift.th
By the way.....The Giants won the pennant. Wink
Chris_Bowman
Chris_Bowman

Back to top Go down

Post by Detonate95 Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:46 am

I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve waiting to see if Santa Claus will bring me what I asked for tonight. I'll be up late tonight. Everybody post your updates here in this thread.
Detonate95
Detonate95

Back to top Go down

Post by the SS Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:58 pm

Thanks,Chris, for the compliment. I could never get into politics for I have too quick of a temper and I can't hear well and that's a bad combination. Did he say "shut up" or "stand up"?
I'm afraid alot of the "Tea Party idealists" are in for a rude awakening. Campaigning has been tough and ugly but when they get to Washington they will learn that dealing with incompetent, self serving egos is a nightmare but the real power is the behind the scenes, unelected beauracrats. That fight will be the greatest war that the United States has ever engaged in. It reminds me of the movie "The Last Emperor" where this young man was the last great Emperor of China, the supreme ruler, but the real power lay with the civil servants that surrounded him. Try to balance the budget by reducing spending and eliminate some of the Washington beauracracy. Winning this election is just the first shot and we have a long battle ahead. Cool

the SS

Back to top Go down

Post by Detonate95 Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:11 pm

I'll sure be glad when all the political calls and mail stop. I live in a swing district. We have been bombarded. I have received calls from Sarah Palin, Mitt. Romney, an three from the democratic party just today. I checked my mail earlier to day and I had 14 political flyers. I have responded to 5 polls in the last three days.
Detonate95
Detonate95

Back to top Go down

Post by Pconlon Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:06 pm

Indiana and Kentucky - 2 Senate Wins for Republicans. Good Start

Pconlon

Back to top Go down

Post by Detonate95 Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:15 pm

Yep, I'm feeling pretty good right now.
Detonate95
Detonate95

Back to top Go down

Post by Pconlon Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:17 pm

Marco Rubio wins in Florida - EASILY

Ohio & Missouri are staying Republican Senate seats.

Linda McMahon probably has lost in Connecticut - Christine O'Donnell has been declared the loser in Delaware. This was a seat the GOP had a lock on 5 months ago.

Pconlon

Back to top Go down

Post by Detonate95 Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:21 pm

That's to bad about O'Donnell but not unexpected. Shame on the GOP for not supporting her from the beginning.
Detonate95
Detonate95

Back to top Go down

Post by Pconlon Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:22 pm

****** Last figures from Connecticut gives Blumenthal a 7,000 vote edge over Mcmahon with only 12% of the Vote in. (???) It's been called however for Blumenthal. (???)

This may be premature , or at least tighten.

Pconlon

Back to top Go down

Post by Detonate95 Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:30 pm

Crap. Looks like Barney Frank was reelected.
Detonate95
Detonate95

Back to top Go down

Post by Detonate95 Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:31 pm

I agree that I think they are calling some of these too soon. Lots of precincts still to report.
Detonate95
Detonate95

Back to top Go down

Post by Detonate95 Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:18 pm

Heck, they called it for Boxer and Brown in CA with less than 1% of the precincts reporting. How can they do that? I understand that results from Nevada are being delayed because of a power outage that delayed voting at a polling place ner Las Vegas, and ling lines at other places keeping the polls open.
Detonate95
Detonate95

Back to top Go down

Post by Detonate95 Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:35 pm

Currently showing the Democrat incumbent Bennett running 50% to 45% ahead of the Republican Ken Buck. However at this time none of the El Paso county (Colorado Springs) precincts have reported yet due to extra long lines at the polls extending closing times. El Paso county is a Republican stronghold due to the large veteran, military population there. Don't count this one over yet.
Detonate95
Detonate95

Back to top Go down

Post by Detonate95 Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:54 pm

300 more precincts just reported.. Bennett's lead shrunk by a point. Still over 2000 precincts to report.
Detonate95
Detonate95

Back to top Go down

Post by Long Thrust IV Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:09 am

Harry Reid re-elected to the Senate. Republican Brian Sandoval has defeated Democrat Rory Reid to become the first Hispanic governor in Nevada's history.

Long Thrust IV
Long Thrust IV

Back to top Go down

Post by Pconlon Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:11 am

***** Reality IS that the growing Hispanic Vote has Saved Harry Reid in Nevada. Sure he had SOLID Union support and a less than top notch opponant BUT his son was running against Sandoval for Governor. He loses and Harry Wins (????)

Clark County is heavier Hispanic than 20 years ago. Sure, They are hurting too but Vegas the Unions turn out the Vote. It's one of the few cities where Unions have grown over 2 decades. They hung in there for Harry

In California (though I beliueve the Senate race is still too early to call) the Hispanic Vote has saved Brown & probably Boxer.

There are MANY Republican Hispanics - more and more all the time - but they are more than made up for by the influx. Like 23% of this State's LEGAL population is Foreign born - I guarantee that 75% of them wherever they came from Voted for Brown and 60% + for Boxer.

Pconlon

Back to top Go down

Post by Detonate95 Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:41 am

I get up this morning and Bennett and Buck are now tied. Those Colorado springs votes came in.
Detonate95
Detonate95

Back to top Go down

Post by the SS Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:00 am

My man, Bob Schilling, beat the village idiot, Phil Hare, by eleven percentage points for the 17th Congressional district. The state of Illinois is now red except for the gov's office is in a virtual tie. We can thank the Hispanic vote in Chicago for that.

the SS

Back to top Go down

Post by Detonate95 Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:14 am

Here in my congressional district we beat the incumbent Democrat, Betsy Markey, badly and sent the Republican candidate, Cory Gardner, to congress. The senate race here in Colorado is still too close to call.
Detonate95
Detonate95

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum