First Infantry Division
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Few Hours Off

2 posters

Go down

A Few Hours Off Empty A Few Hours Off

Post by Pconlon Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:04 am

********* Already vigils near Ground Zero in NYC have begun. Earlier tonight a Leftist Group from the Riverside Church held a demonstration in support of "Religous Freedom " and " Multicultural Understanding". By tomorrow they will be heavily outnumbered as the Ninth anniversary of the Terrorist attacks takes place. This time it is all about Politics and exemplifies the Massive divide in our society. Indeed MANY today want no part of almost any commemoration of these events. They have other priorities.

********* Needless to say a substantial majority of Americans do care - and want no part of any Islamic site near the site of the old WTC. This should not be hard to understand , but much of the media try's , really strives to give the other side a vehicle to explain their views while never asking once WHY some other site could not have been found acceptable.Like Queens perhaps.

****** I have no figures in front of me , but I'll wager that today - 9 years after those Events there are MORE Muslims today within the USA than on 9/11/01 Exclamation That there are more Mosques, and a lot less timidity in General among most Muslims. Some of the more analytical among them must indeed wonder WHY there IS such tolerance in this country after such a Great event?????? Possibly some accurately see Fear in some.

******** My own view is that the Almighty must have a sense of humor. To have Totally Secular Leftist's - you know people who think guys like Oral Roberts, Falwell & Swaggert are the Total Enemy , individuals normally outraged at a Christmas display on public grounds. or a Graduation Invocation - to now side up with those who in many cases would impose a Harsh Religous regimin on others Shocked Well , it is truly amazing. However please Remember , both have a common enemy - the US Government - you know the one that exists long term apart from the current President.

******** This subject is not going away , and the Raw nerves about to be unleashed on this Anniversary is showing many exactly the hypocrites and cowards who currently occupy many Public Office's.

Pconlon

Back to top Go down

A Few Hours Off Empty Re: A Few Hours Off

Post by Detonate95 Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:48 am

Hypocracy abounds. But that has never mattered to the left. One of the greatest mistakes we have made in this county is to allow the secularists to convince judges that the right of the people to freedom of religion means that we are not allowed to practice our religion freely. But others shall know no such constraints. Christians should have rebelled the very first time some judge decided a high school football team could not say a prayer before a game, or a court house could not display the ten commandments, or a city could not have a Christmas nativity scene on public property. We have met the enemy and he is us. (Pogo).
Detonate95
Detonate95

Back to top Go down

Post by Pconlon Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:59 am

**** Not to stray here - BUT Yesterday's ruling in US District Court in Riverside,Calif. banning "Don't Ask/Don't Tell" in the Military is absolute insanity.

****** Like do All matters covered by Federal Courts now get easily implemented in the Military ???? What about the First Amendmen- Freedom of Speech - Why can't a PFC tell a General to Get F****d (??) Why Not??- Do you see where this is headed ??

Pconlon

Back to top Go down

Post by Detonate95 Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:17 am

I'm waiting to see how this one plays out. The military is deciding whether or not to appeal the ruling. Can you see all of the former service members who were discharged under the don't ask/don't tell policy suing for back pay and allowances? Congress is currently considering a repeal of the law, but is waiting for DOD to complete a study on how repeal would affect morale and combat readiness.
Detonate95
Detonate95

Back to top Go down

Post by Pconlon Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:49 am

****** The Main point IS - how can a Civilian Judge at that level impose a new Guideline on the Military. My understanding of say the UCMJ is that only after all appeals under the Military Courts are accomplished does it go to the SCOTUS. That's it, and it does not have to pertain to Criminal matters only(??) How does any lower Court set new policy(??) Even if We had a Draft I don't think they'd have the power.

Pconlon

Back to top Go down

Post by Detonate95 Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:25 pm

Good questions.
Detonate95
Detonate95

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down